These delicious treats take care of the fiercest sweet tooth! This cookie provides the familiar tastes of an old fashioned oatmeal cookie rolled up into a healthier version!
And is it really too much of a stretch to say they might just be good for you? Especially if you agree with me that chocolate is a health food! The unique sweetness comes from the amazing stevia plant. Stevia contains no calories and has been found to stabilize blood sugar. So go ahead and enjoy these “Good For You” cookies – a modern twist on an old classic.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 12 minutes
2 cups rolled oats
1 large apple, finely diced
½ cup raisins or currant
1cup almond or peanut butter
½ cup finely chopped walnuts
¼ cup butter, softened
1/2 cup chocolate chips
1 cup filtered water or soy, almond, rice milk
2 tsp. Stevia extract powder
1/4 –1/2 lb whole pecans for the top
~ Preheat oven to 350 ~
- Combine oats, eggs, water or milk, and butter in a mixing bowl.
- Stir in nut butter and remaining ingredients
- Form into balls and place onto an oiled cookie sheet.
- Place one whole pecan on top of each ball.
- Bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes.