Cheddar cheese surrounded by savory green onion bits melting together nestled in a warm muffin …..mmmm. Do I need to say more?
I am thinking of hording these delectable muffins on Thanksgiving, I mean to say I’ll be looking forward to SHARING these delectable muffins with my beloved family this holiday season.
It’s best to make more than enough lest we forget how to share!!
Prep time: 15 minutes
Bake time: 15 minutes
2 cups whole-wheat pastry flour
3 tsp baking powder
½ tsp salt
1 tsp sugar
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1 cup buttermilk
¼ cup canola or light vegetable oil
1 cup green onions, chopped
1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, finely diced
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Fill muffin tin with paper liners or lightly grease.
- Sift the flower, baking powder, salt and sugar together and set aside.
- In a bowl combine eggs, milk and oil.
- Stir flour mixture quickly into the wet ingredients and blend in green onions and cheese.
- Spoon into muffin tins, filling half way.
- Bake muffins at 400 F until golden brown (about 15 minutes).
- Serve warm
Enjoy!! Love, Jill