Cheddar cheese surrounded by savory green onion bits melting together nestled in a warm muffin …..mmmm. Do I need to say more?
I am thinking of hording these delectable muffins on Thanksgiving, I mean to say I’ll be looking forward to SHARING these delectable muffins with my beloved family this holiday season.
It’s best to make more than enough lest we forget how to share!!
Prep time: 15 minutes
Bake time: 15 minutes
2 cups whole-wheat pastry flour
3 tsp baking powder
½ tsp salt
1 tsp sugar
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1 cup buttermilk
¼ cup canola or light vegetable oil
1 cup green onions, chopped
1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, finely diced
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Fill muffin tin with paper liners or lightly grease.
- Sift the flower, baking powder, salt and sugar together and set aside.
- In a bowl combine eggs, milk and oil.
- Stir flour mixture quickly into the wet ingredients and blend in green onions and cheese.
- Spoon into muffin tins, filling half way.
- Bake muffins at 400 F until golden brown (about 15 minutes).
- Serve warm
Enjoy!! Love, Jill
Oh my, this looks good.
Wow, can’t believe no one has commented since the last “Jodi/e” did. I searched for a whole wheat cheddar muffin recipe and decided this one looked best. I omitted the green onions due to a “greenophobia” in my youngest children and added a tsp of onion powder instead. I upped the cheese to 1 3/4 cup since there were no onions to fill it out. I also did not have buttermilk, so did 3/4 cup milk with 1/4 cup plain yogurt to give it a tangy flavor. I also used olive oil. These turned out awesome and were perfectly done at 12 minutes in my oven, which runs a bit hot. My kids love them. Thanks for a great recipe!
Fantastic, this is a huge fan favorite in our house too! I love that you made the indgredients work for you.